Followers

Follow me by email

Add your email address below to follow me by email

About Me

Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in April 2012 so I could join Challenges. I am now on some design teams. I hope you like my cards. I started stamping in 1995 but my cards are still mostly cute.
Thank you to those who have joined as followers and to those who comment.
Unfortunately because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible, this also means I don't miss any.
I don't always get a chance to reply to all comments but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.
The lovely banner was made especially for me by Amanda at Faery Ink Art & Design when I won her first blog challenge. family:";">http://faeryink.com/product/granmargaret-fairy-digital-stamp/

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BLOG

Post Pals cards for sick children

Post Pals - Putting a Smile on Childrens Faces

Tuesday 5 January 2016

More Mixed Media challenge one - blue

I was excited when Lozzy asked me to be on the design team for her new challenge - More Mixed Media.  I accepted even though I haven't done much mixed media and will have to learn.

It is finally time for the first challenge for More Mixed Media challenge blog
The challenges for 2016 are colour challenges and challenge 1 is blue so any shade of blue to be seen somewhere on your creation
http://moremixedmediachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

I have done a journal page.  I painted light blue card with Salty Ocean distress paint.  Printed piece of paper from Lozzy's fun paper set and another piece from Lozzy's Marble paper set, torn the edges and layered onto card.  Added sparkly thread across the middle.  Printed verse I found on Facebook and layered on top .  Added a few dots of glitter glam to the bottom sides.  Sprayed dylusion spray on top right hand side.  Added punched butterflies and glitter.  Added punched flowers and rhinestones.
Printed precoloured digi stamp from Deedee's  Angels are among us set, cut out and layered on top.
I ended up with paint on my hands and glitter everywhere.

I hope you will go over to More Mixed Media and see the lovely work by the design team and join in the challenge.

I would like to add this card to the following:

Create and Inspire 36 - anything goes
http://a-step-in-the-darkness.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/challenge-36.html

Crafty Hazelnut's monthly ;pattern paper challenge - anything with pattern paper
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/

Creative Corner Challenge - anything goes
http://creativecornerchallenges.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/team-jess-anything-goes-no-sponsor.html

Glitter n Sparkle 169 anything goes
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/challenge-169.html

Inspiration Destination 66 - anything goes
http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/ag-no-66.html

Lets Craft and Create 109 - layer it up
http://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.fr/2016/01/challenge-109-layer-it-up.html

Moo-Mania and More - anything goes
http://moo-mania.blogspot.co.at/2015/12/anything-goes-freies-thema.html



12 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More-oxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Just lovely, thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

Fikreta said...

very nice
great color
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Veerle said...

You are so brave Margaret for joining Lozzy's new blog. I didn't have the courage, well done for you. I love your journal page. Thanks for entering it in our AG challenge. Hugs, Veerle DT - Creative Corner

Unknown said...

Very pretty card Margaret. Hugs Jennifer xx

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great mixed media project. Thanks for sharing with us over Inspiration Destination.Good luck!!! Patricia.

Michele said...

this is a very moving piece. congrats on your new design team gigs. xo

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining Let's Craft and Create 109 and my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Let's craft and Create challenge blog and good Luck !
MARYVONNE DT member

DonnaMundinger said...

What a gorgeous page, Margaret! Love the fabulous layering. Congrats on your new DT position. Thrilled to join in the new More Mixed Media challenge thanks to you. xxD

aussie aNNie said...

This is gorgeous, I hope you are enjoying your mixed media Margaret....love to you.xxx

Ammaris Art said...

Lovely! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft and Create! Good luck!
Catherine DT